external CSV import is not populating with existing username

Kevalkumar kaneria April 9, 2021

Hi,

I am trying import 12000 issue from one instance to another. while importing issues along with comment, it is showing as Importer name on comment instead of actual existing username on CSV file.

Is there any way we can populate with existing username.

Please let me know if you required more information

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

Hello, comments can be imported with additional information, this link shows you examples

Assignee, Summary, Description, Attachment, Comment
bob@example.com, "Issue demonstrating the CSV attachment import", "Please check the attached image below.", "https://jira-server:8080/secure/attachment/image-name.png", "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"
bob@example.com, "CSV attachment import with timestamp,author and filename", "Please check the attached image below.", "01/01/2012 13:10;Admin;image.png;file://image-name.png", "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"

If you look at this example, the comment has this format 

"01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"

This is the creation date of the comment, the author and the body.

If they are not indicated and only the string (Body) is passed, it will create it as a comment of the user who imports

Kevalkumar kaneria April 19, 2021

Commenter named xxx.xxxx@xxx.com not found. Creating issue with currently logged in user instead.

Above error i am getting while i am importing comment. Also, User account already exist in our instance. 

Gabriela Salvador October 4, 2021

I'm currently experiencing the same problem with a CSV import. The commenter is permissioned for the Jira project, but every time I try importing I get "Commenter null not found."

Suggest an answer