error in logs about mail handler

ji zhu June 4, 2017

There are a lot of same errors in logs below when the mail was handling.

I think it shoud be caused by a string error in handling mail, so how can I find this handling mail? I would like to delete it... Thanks.

Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO jiraissue (ID, pkey, issuenum, PROJECT, REPORTER, ASSIGNEE, CREATOR, issuetype, SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION, ENVIRONMENT, PRIORITY, RESOLUTION, issuestatus, CREATED, UPDATED, DUEDATE, RESOLUTIONDATE, VOTES, WATCHES, TIMEORIGINALESTIMATE, TIMEESTIMATE, TIMESPENT, WORKFLOW_ID, SECURITY, FIXFOR, COMPONENT) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A\x0A\x0A...' for column 'DESCRIPTION' at row 1)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.executeUpdate(SQLProcessor.java:683)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.singleInsert(GenericDAO.java:205)
... 46 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A\x0A\x0A...' for column 'DESCRIPTION' at row 1

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

I am guessing, but I suspect you are using MySQL as the database for JIRA.

If my instincts are correct, you are getting this error when emails containing certain utf-8 characters arrive.  You should check your MySQL server is set up correctly for JIRA, but there's a known problem in that JIRA does not support the settings required to handle the full range of utf-8 characters, and if that's the case, your options are only really to stop sending them in the mail, or shift to useing PostGreSQL, which JIRA can use with the odd characters.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2017

Yup, here is an article we have on that point.  Your datbase cannot store the characters present in the email body.  Options are as Nic indicates.

Suggest an answer