email handler

Іван Андрєєв March 27, 2023

how is it possible that when creating a task from mail (email handler), the person who created this

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Yes, if you set up the notification scheme for the project to send email to "reporter" on issue create.

People can opt out of "email me about changes I make" though.

Іван Андрєєв March 28, 2023

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

the problem is that we have a single reporter automatically, and people who create tasks are most often not in our Jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

So, that means Jira can't know who the reporter is.  There's no way it can email people it doesn't know about.

Іван Андрєєв March 29, 2023

that makes sense, thanks.

Boris Berenberg - Modus Create March 31, 2023

Hi Іван,

If you get the user's email address and put it in a text field or something, then an app like our Notification Assistant for Jira can send an email to that recipient.

Іван Андрєєв March 31, 2023

@Boris Berenberg - Modus Create  Hi

Can you send me some video or demo?

Boris Berenberg - Modus Create March 31, 2023

Hi Іван,

Not sure what you would like to see? Our app sending an email based on a text field with an email address in it? I think the easiest option would be to contact us via https://atlasauthority.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/1/create/1 and we can schedule a call.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

Hello @Іван Андрєєв 

Your question is incomplete. Please try again to tell us what you are trying to accomplish.

Іван Андрєєв March 28, 2023

@Trudy Claspill  Hi

Yes, sorry for this. I am trying creating tasks via mail. I added new incoming mail server and mail handler. I am interested, can jira send a reply after a task has been sent to her via mail.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events