dynamic display for task complexity of each column

Alexander Mock December 10, 2022

Hey,

I'm new to jira software and I was wondering if it's possible to add a field at the end of each column in the onboard overview that cumulates and displays the complexity of each task located in that column.
I have already set that each task you create for your project has a mandatory field that estimates the complexity (time required). We call it "Story Points."
In agile project management processes or for the individual sprints (Scrum), it would therefore make sense to have an overview of the pending story points and how extensive the tasks are that still have to be processed in the future.
On the other hand, we would have to calculate the story points manually for each sprint.
Such a display would improve the clarity enormously and save time.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander

StoryPoints Field for each Task.jpgField for cumulated StoryPoints.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2022

The backlog will add up story points automatically when you use a Scrum board, because that's where you do the sprint planning.

The board does not have a display of the accumulated estimate for a column.  The argument is that it's not actually of any use - the team doesn't care what the estimates are during an active sprint - they've committed to doing the stories already.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events