drop down lists for the field " Issue type"

Aditya Balure February 18, 2024

while i am creating any tasks in the JIRA.

in our project page-  "feature" option is not visible as dropdown list in the field

"Issue type"  

JIRA link: PCCU_Weekly_Tasks - Agile board - Jira (atlassian.net) 

can you please help us in implementing this new dropdown menu?

below is the screenshot for the same

JIRA_ISSUE.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2024

Hello @Aditya Balure 

We do not have access to your Jira instance. We are a community of users that have our own Jira products.

What type of project does this concern? To find out, go to the Projects menu and select the View all projects option. Then find the project in the list and tell us what is says for that project in the Type column.

The issue types in that drop down depend on the issue types available in the project.

• If the project is a Team Managed Software project, then the Project Administrators of that project can change the issue types available.
  • If the project is a Company Managed Software project, then only Jira Administrators can change the issue types available for that project.
Aditya Balure February 20, 2024

my project is Company managed , 

in this case, how do i know who is the admin for this project?

please let me know how to proceed further, because i really want to add more issue types

2.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

Since the project is Company Managed, only a full Jira Administrator can change the Issue Types that are available in it.

If you don't know who your Jira Administrators are, you will need to find that out from internal resources. Some people you can try asking are:

- the person who helped you get access to Jira

- the person who created your project (if that was done at your request vs. you starting to use Jira after the project already existed)

- your company's technical support team.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events