data recovery method

w4-wang November 25, 2020

Hi there,

I was using JIRA server product with lastest version 8.13.1 as self-use purpose and everything went well until recently  I updated from office 2013 to office 365.

I was using outlook mail server and configured to send/receive mail in JIRA, i guess i should stop mail transaction before update to office365 but I didn't do that.

After I delete office 2013 and installed office365, I cannot access to JIRA normally and there was error screen showing me my H2 database connection is not correct, however I didn't change any setting on database connect.

Since I didn't backup data and this sudden stop of my service makes me really frustrated.

Please kindly give me any support. Is there any way to back up from application data folder?

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Jira

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dam - iDalko November 26, 2020

Hi

You can export your data in Jira using XML backup, import in a fresh install using MySQL... 

Everything is documented here : 

Note that Jira versions must be the same in source and destination installation to work perfectly and smoothly ;) 

Cheers,

Dam.

w4-wang November 26, 2020

Thanks for your reply. I wll try your method and feedback later.

Best regards, Wang

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2020

Hi w4-wang,

a more general advise. If the data is important to you from my very personal opinion it is time to backup the data and migrate to a more sustainable platform. Dam from iDalko gave some very important tips earlier in this thread.

Just please be kindly noted H2 database is only for evaluation purposes - failures have been seen throughout Community members here. And when this type of database fails - then spectacularly.

In case you still get access back please consider moving to MySQL as you said.
An opinion as for the Office topic - I am not sure if this is directly connected as both products normally do not deal with each other nor do they exchange data.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
w4-wang January 4, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

Finally I exported the data to csv file from H2 console using sql select query,

and then installed postgreSQL and connect JIRA database to postgreSQL.

After that, I import data from csv to postgreSQL database. Everything works well.

This all hany work tells me backup of data is very important and hope it will help.

The reason I didn't use MySQL is just because I am more sure postgreSQL is and will continue be as open source platform.

Best regards,

linrong jiang August 29, 2022

Can you tell me how to import from H2 to CSV?

0 votes
w4-wang November 25, 2020

Because I can still access to my h2 database via http://localhost:8082/

which I point the database file to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\database,

so I was planning to migrate data to MySQL.

After migrates goes well, I will start a new JIRA instance to pointing to the new MySQL database.

I hope this will go well.

Suggest an answer