customer unable to browse user in service desk customer portal

I have a custom field for listing multiple users using user picker and Browse user global permission is set to Anyone. 

I am using service desk 3.4 with jira 7.3.3. 

when this field is exposed to customer portal and customer cannot search any other users in this field.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Fadoua Boualem Community Champion Nov 29, 2017

It is better to use a group versus Anyone.

Is Anyone option not supported?

Under Global Permissions it is always recommended to use groups. Anyone is supported in JIRA however it is not the best option in this case. If you have a Dev environment try a group and see if it is working :)

Best of luck!

I tried creating group for set of users , has no luck. Only JIRA Admin role was able to browse users even though it was not set in the global permission. 

Is this a bug?

Then your JIRA Admin should check the Project Permissions. He should SU as a regular user and check not as an Admin so that he can see what you are experiencing guys.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,500 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you