creation of a dashboard to show some KPIs

Remy Levi May 20, 2023

One of the KPIs will be related to the issues by topic to show some trends on what issues and topics are the most important.

But here I have some doubts.

On one hand, users that are using the portal and from there they have a form to fill in and from there I get the topic.

On the other hand, users can also send emails that are creating Tickets, But here I don t have the topic already filled in.

Would you have some advice on how to handle this situation before I start creating my dashboard?

Thanks a lot.

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2023

Hi @Remy Levi,

Not sure about this specific question, but if you plan to create a dashboard for Jira Service management you might find this article useful:  An effective dashboard for Service Desk and Customer Support teams in Jira Service Management.

Regards,

Danut M.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2023

Hi @Remy Levi,

If you use an email channel to let people create tickets, that inherently means you have to accept that you will get a certain number of free-form, uncategorised tickets. To work around that, your 1st line should manage the queue of incoming emails and - as a very first step in your process - categorise them as soon as possible. That would mean filling out the topic based on the content of the email received. As soon as that happens, you will be able to report on those tickets just like any other. It is quite common to build a step into you workflow specifically for doing that ticket intake.

For your dashboard, as long as a topic is not filled out, tickets will be visible with topic none, so that will also be useful to track how many uncategorised tickets you have sitting around.

Hope this helps! 

Remy Levi May 21, 2023

Thanks a lot  @Walter Buggenhout Walter for your input.

So If I understand well, I need the support team to fill in the request type when it is empty and then create a dashboard based on the request type.

Hope this will work. 

Remy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events