copy board

Іван Андрєєв August 15, 2022

I copied the board and moved it to another project. But on the copied board, all changes are displayed, what and to which it was copied. How to break this connection?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

You need to change the filter associated with the board. That is what determines what issues show on it. 

Іван Андрєєв August 16, 2022

@John Funk 

Could you clarify one detail for me, if a board is created together with the project, the filter for this board appears automatically?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Yes, it will create a filter that simply says "project = XYZ order by rank"  (actually rank asc or desc, but I can never remember which)

Іван Андрєєв August 16, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

And is it possible to somehow copy the quick filters from the board?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

No, you'll need to do that manually too.

Like Іван Андрєєв likes this
Moin Islam October 12, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- can you please help to locate the filter? Any snap avaiable?

Іван Андрєєв October 12, 2022

@Moin Islam 

What kind of filter are you looking for? The one in the board menu?

Moin Islam October 12, 2022

yes please. Sorry i am new bee.

Screenshot at Oct 12 16-53-27.pngScreenshot at Oct 12 16-56-25.png

@Moin Islam 

In the general settings of the board, you can select the necessary filter. You can create a filter in the "filter" tab, it is important that if you create a filter for a project, the main thing is to give the project access to the filter.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2022

A board is not a container for issues, and nor is it a project object! (Except in team-managed-projects or business projects)

Boards are based on a filter, which won't change if you just move the board.  The filter selects the issues that the board displays, and that hasn't changed.

To "break the connection", change the board to use a different filter, one that selects the issues you want to see on the board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events