Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I copied the board and moved it to another project. But on the copied board, all changes are displayed, what and to which it was copied. How to break this connection?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Aug 15, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

You need to change the filter associated with the board. That is what determines what issues show on it. 

@John Funk 

Could you clarify one detail for me, if a board is created together with the project, the filter for this board appears automatically?

Yes, it will create a filter that simply says "project = XYZ order by rank"  (actually rank asc or desc, but I can never remember which)

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ 

And is it possible to somehow copy the quick filters from the board?

No, you'll need to do that manually too.

Like Іван Андрєєв likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted

A board is not a container for issues, and nor is it a project object! (Except in team-managed-projects or business projects)

Boards are based on a filter, which won't change if you just move the board.  The filter selects the issues that the board displays, and that hasn't changed.

To "break the connection", change the board to use a different filter, one that selects the issues you want to see on the board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events