combine Epic link and jira filter

Nad December 18, 2020

How can i fetch all the stories and sub task's Epic link to filter  "Filter1") 

Below JQL doesn't work

issuetype in (Story, Sub-task) AND ( "Epic Link" in (filter = "Filter1" ))

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

"Epic Link" in ('') expects issue keys, e.g. "Epic Link" in ('KEY-2', 'KEY-5')

Filters do not return issue keys so this will never work in JQL. You would need more "sophisticated" functions such as 'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('project= EPICPROJ', 'is Epic of')'

Such functions are specifically tailored to find you linked issues of an Epic based on a "subquery". (Above example is from ScriptRunner plugin out of box JQL function).

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Consider using the ParentEpic JQL function if you have a specific list of epics....

parentEpic = test-40

returns...

parentepic.png

Katharina March 29, 2023

I tried parentEpic and I get an error message that this doesn't exist, can you help me with this?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Katharina , it could be that you are working with a Team managed project. In which case you can simply use Parent. Feel free to share a sr of your JQL and error if you need further assistance.

Suggest an answer