cant add internal requirement to sprint

Sabuj Saha April 21, 2021

I am trying to add an internal requirement Jira to my sprint and looks like there is no property called sprint for the internal requirement. Am I missing something or internal property should not be included in the sprint?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

You are using "internal requirement" like it is an issue type.  May we assume you have added an issue type with this name?

If so, then you need to check the issue-type grouping - there are three levels in Jira Software; Epic (can only contain one issue type, which should be Epic), Standard and Sub-task.

If your internal requirements are standard issue type level, then we're going to need to do some more digging.

But if they are renamed Epics, or they are a sub-task, then it's easier - those are not items you commit to in a sprint, so the sprint field is not there for them.

Can you check this and let us know?

Sabuj Saha April 23, 2021

Thank you, Nic. I will double-check and let you know

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2021

Hi @Sabuj Saha

has this question been resolved for you by double checking with your team?

In case it was not a screenshot might be helpful as well. Like Nic said it could be an Issue Type that you want to use in your project which is involved in your sprint.

With some likeliness you are referring to a custom field, however or something we could not figure out so far.

In case you have some updates in this regard for Community we are happy to hear from you back.

Regards,
Daniel

Sabuj Saha May 3, 2021

Hi Daniel, thank you for checking in. As Nic pointed out issue type was not set up correctly. We have fixed that and everything seems to work as expected. Thanks again for all the help. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events