can a checklist in an issue be updated once the template of the checklist gets updated?

Ulla SB April 27, 2023

Hi,

we use checklist templates "Checklist for Jira Cloud". We add them to issues using template assignments.

Is there a way to update the checklists. that already got added to issues?

it seems that sometimes they get updated and sometimes not.

thanks for help

U.sb

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

Hi @Ulla SB and welcome to the community,

I've tested the specific app, and actually once I insert a checklist into an issue, that checklist will not get updated if I change the template. How can I reproduce your problem?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

And since @Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_ already pitched in, I have to ask now if your app is the one that Gracjan told you, or this one https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223660/checklist-for-jira-cloud-free?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Ulla SB April 27, 2023

we added items to a check listimage.png

that checklist was already displayed in issues.

in issue one the new items were shown
image.png

in issue two the new items were not shown

image.png

However:

when I added another checklist item case 1 it did not get updated.

Is there a certain logic behind? or will template updates only be adressed for newly created issues? 

thanks

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2023

I would expect that the logic will be that the new additions will be applied only to the "new" issues. Issue using the old template will continue to use it, until you re-assigned it to them.

0 votes
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

Hi @Ulla SB 

Welcome to the community!

My name is Gracjan, I'm Customer Success Expert, here at HeroCoders, the team behind Checklist for Jira Cloud app.

I understand that you have already set up Checklist definitions, and added there the Global Items, and while updating global items, sometimes they are not updated on the issues, is that correct?

Could you share with us some screenshots of how your configuration is currently set up?

You can also contact us directly through our Help Center here. It might be more convenient to continue the discussion there.

Cheers!

Gracjan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events