board to track team activity

Levon Sargsyan May 1, 2019

I would like to have a board to track team activity,

so the each column in the board will represent tasks assigned to each engineer.

Is this use model can be achieved within Jira itself? ( another apporach is to integrate our jira with other project managment tools like trello   ) 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

Hi Levon and welcome to the Community. The way boards work (kanban or scrum) is that the columns represent the status of the issue, e.g. To Do > In Progress > Done. As for illustrating the assignees work it can be done a number of ways e.g.

• using the avatars to filter on the assignee 
  • using a quick filter "Only my issues" allowing the user logged in to see their work only
  • using swimlanes (rows) per user

there are other unique ways to allow users to view their work as well. For example, I created a unique Dashboard called "My Activities" that leverages the "currentuser()" JQL function for the filters. The end result is that whoever is logged in and viewing the dashboard will see only their issues reflected. This provides a 'standard' view for project management purposes but hones in on their issues.

Hi Jack,

thanks for response, unfortunately none of provided solutions will work for me unless columns are coupled/mapped with issue statues. Is there any other way of mapping columns, like mapping by labels or by current assigne, so col1 will contain issues that have "col1" label on it, etc.

Levon.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

That is precisely how Kanban and scrum boards work. Columns are mapped to Statuses.

Jack, I know how the scrum boards work :) obviously I should have better phrased question. I was looking for a way of having <generic> board in Jira for our team in analogue to trello, but after looking to similar questions I assume Jira is supporting only kanban/scrum boards at the moment.   

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2019

Yes Jira doesn’t really map to creating list as columns I think. I use Trello for that as well. 

Like Levon Sargsyan likes this

Suggest an answer