board dates are not showing up on the roadmap

Bruce Anderson July 30, 2021

I enter the start and end dates on the board, both of which are system fields, but those dates are not reflected in the roadmap timeline. Why not?

2 answers

0 votes
Bruce Anderson August 3, 2021

Any thoughts, John?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Hi Bruce - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Which type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management?

Can you share some screenshots showing the dates saved on the card and then the roadmap? If you click on the issue in the roadmap, does the ensuing card show the fields populated?

Bruce Anderson July 30, 2021

Hello John,

Thanks for the quick response.

The board is team-managed and I am the only one on it.

Here are the screen shots showing the dates for the task "Daily Sales figures by Store" are on the board as July 26-Aug 5 but those dates do not appear on the timeline.

Bruce20210731-Board1.jpg20210731-Roadmap1.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hey Bruce - Apologies, but I have been out for a while. Did this ever get solved for you? 

Bruce Anderson September 20, 2021

No it did not. It appears to be a shortcoming in the software. Many others have requested the same change - adding dates into the sub-tasks. Without this feature I find the software quite limited.

Like John Funk likes this
Deleted user February 3, 2022

Looking to do the same thing

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events