binary operands in JQL

Maciej Łukasz Wojszkun December 9, 2021

Hi,

did anyone come across binary operands in JQL?

I have field Flag used as binary flag used for store information. Eg. In project A user raised (using transition) issue in project B, and it was done in IN PROGRESS status (flag value = Flag || 1), IN REVIEW status (flag value = Flag || 2). Additionally, there is project C, where user also can raise issue from the above statuses, and flag value is Flag || 4 or Flag || 8.

Then I need to find issues (and save JQL as a filter) with Flag && 10. That means, issues was raised in projects B and C from IN REVIEW status from project A.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

I think you are looking for "logical operators" (AND, OR) on "flag" field values, right?

I think there is no such thing.

You could store each flag in a checkbox type field, but if you have a bunch of flags, then it could explode the number of your fields. Or, you could eventually encode the flags in an "Text" type fields and use different characters to represent the different flags and test them with the "~" operator (text matching)...

Maciej Łukasz Wojszkun April 25, 2022

Thanks, I was mixed your suggestions, and created one checkbox field with... ulimited flags :) 

Like Aron Gombas _Midori_ likes this

Suggest an answer