automation rules engine

Trena Norcia October 21, 2021

Can anyone suggest an automation rules engine app I could use for Jira.  I am the standard package and have 600 hits a month since they consider a check a hit I am losing the ability to use my rules every month.  Upgrading to premium is not an option. 

I need to be able to create rules.

Thanks for any suggestions :) 

1 answer

2 votes
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Trena Norcia 

The 500 executions per month threshold apply only to global rules on Automation for Jira. I recently made a review on my site and restricted the scope for many rules to be project rules, and it decreased significantly the number of execution per month.

Cheers,

Alex

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Trena Norcia 

Yes, and...to what Alex suggests:

• When reviewing your global rule needs, take a close look at the triggers, especially for scheduled rules
    • The execution count limits apply when a rule triggers, so if you can adjust things like scheduled rules to include more restrictive JQL conditions, that can reduce usage
    • For example, when a rule has conditions right after the trigger see if those could be moved up to the trigger's JQL
  • And if you are not also running up against execution time limits, consider if a global/multi-project scope rule could instead be placed in a project and use the REST API in order to do any operations on other projects.  That would significantly slow down the rule but it would not use global count limits.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer