automation rule to update the components

Ashish Saini November 12, 2020

Hello All, 

Need to create automation rule to update the components for tickets that are already created

Few Existing tickets would already have components updated

Can you please suggest an automation rule 

Here is what i have created

issue created 

For all created issue 

if : issue matches JQL 

Edit issue fields 

components=Abc

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Hi Ashish - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To update existing data, create a separate Scheduled trigger rule.

Have it run every 10 days or something - that part doesn't matter, it just needs to be more than 0 and you are going to do this probably in a day.

For the trigger, use JQL and write a JQL statement that includes the issues you want to update for one particular component. You probably want to create this and test as a filter first before putting it in your trigger. 

Then create a new Action for Edit Issue. 

Select the Component field and put in your value. 

Be sure to save each step and at the end publish it. Make sure the Rule is active. 

Then simply click the Run rule button once to run it immediately. That should update your issues. 

After you have been through all of the different components one by one (you have modify your JQL and Edit issue value each time and re-publish first for each component value), be sure to make the Rule inactive so it doesn't keep randomly running. 

I hope that helps!

Ashish Saini November 13, 2020

Thanks John 

Like John Funk likes this
Ashish Saini December 6, 2020

@John Funk  : 

I have a query related to confluence table . 

I have posted the question last friday and didnt get any answer till date 

can you please help me get some answers

link : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-questions/need-to-create-table-in-confluence-with-horizontal-heading/qaq-p/1550160

Regards
Ashish

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

I am sorry, but I don't use Confluence and won't be able to help with that one.  :-( 

Hopefully, someone is will jump in with an answer soon. 

0 votes
Ashish Saini November 12, 2020

image.png

Suggest an answer