automatic issue linking

Frank Rieter January 9, 2019

I'd like issues to be automaticly linked based on a custom field.

What is the best way to achieve this?

(Server v7.8.0)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Hi @Frank Rieter

Do you update the custom field only in a transition screen or even in the edit screen?

If only in transition screen, you can handle such logic though a custom script in post function.

If it is updated via edit, you can handle such a logic via script listeners custom script.

Hi @Fazila Ashraf,

Thanx for your quick reply,

The tickets are automaticly created throug the jira api. The custum field is filled with data from our database (a client-id).

Yours,

Frank

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Hi @Frank Rieter

Same logic for rest api calls. Check whether the call transition and edit this value or just direct edit.

If the field is only editable in a workflow transition, it is probably simpler with a post function custom script :)

But either way, a custom script with script listener would definitely work.

Thnx; this puts me on the right track.

Mahesh Kallepalli November 12, 2019

@Frank Rieter @Fazila Ashraf 

If this issue got resolved can anyone share me a custom script which you have used, we also want to link two issues automatically based on custom field.

Suggest an answer