auto sum function (in epic /story) by the time estimation of the sub task belong

金井 雅虎 September 1, 2021

purpose : utilizing burn down chart 

issue : since there are no time estimation for epic/ story,  guideline does not work.

members of the board estimate each sub task but the time estimation in the sub task does not affect to epic/story

Question :
we need to manually put the time estimation to each epic/story???
if there are any tool or function to auto calculate sub task and affect to epic/story, 
we can solve the issue.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Be very careful here - remember that sub-tasks are not separate sprint-able stories and therefore they do not hold sprint (burndown/up) estimates.  They do not go on burn charts.

金井 雅虎 September 2, 2021

thank you !!!

i confirmed that subtasks are in the same sprint.

the thing is 
 "Original estimate" of story/epic  does not include  "Original estimate" of subtasks

do you have any idea?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

It doesn't matter if the sub-tasks "are in the same sprint" (In fact, they can't not be - all sub-tasks are in the same sprint as their parent at all times because they are a part of it).

The reason your estimates on stories do not include the estimates on the sub-tasks is that sub-tasks do not have their own sprint estimates, because they are not sprint-able items.

金井 雅虎 September 3, 2021

thank you 

I would like "original estimate" Not "sprint estimate"  in sub task are auto calculated to "original estimate" in the story 

then i made the automation rules below but it does not work 

do you have any clue?

画像1.png

画像2.png

画像3.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2021
金井 雅虎 September 2, 2021

hi
@Fabian Lim 

thank you for your guideline 
i saw how to auto-calculation of Story Points.

do you see any auto calculation of time estimation which is named as "Original estimate"
??

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021
Like 金井 雅虎 likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events