attachments viewd in browser frequently reload

Ulrich Scholz October 29, 2020

I'm using firefox to view Jira issues. If I click on an attachment, e.g., some Power Point slides, they open in the same tab.

Now, this document frequently reloads, which always lets it jump to slide one, which makes it really hard to read through a large slide deck.

I see this reloading action with other document types, too, e.g., pictures. But here, it does not matter much.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2020

Hello @Ulrich Scholz,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to make some questions:

• Is this issue happening when using the old or new view?
  • Does it happen if viewing Powerpoint files with few slides?
  • Have you tested using another browser? 
  • Please, check the developer tools on your browser on the console tab if it shows any error after the file reloads. If possible send us a screenshot of the error, just make sure to hide private information.

Regards,
Angélica

Ulrich Scholz November 10, 2020

I don't see it anymore. Maybe it was fixed by an upgrade

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
James Ho July 17, 2023

I think the issue is still there as the page reloads itself after some time, and that keeps happening after a short period of time (< 10 minutes). When viewing a long pdf file, it is annoying since I have to scroll back down to the page where I was before.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events