assignee name in filter query changes to numbers

Amir Primov May 17, 2020

When I assigne = name , it automatically change that to assigne = qp9862308756248756

I saw that I need to check my prifile in id.attlassian.com but muy profile have both full name and public name , 

Any thoughts ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2020
Amir Primov May 20, 2020

Thanks

I see some option presented at the end of the page to "insert accountid " or " resolve users " 

I do not have these 2 options 

Mike July 16, 2020

What genius decided this was a better representation that simply keeping user names?

I have filters to track the work assignments of my team, which frequently changes staff,  How am I supposed to know which 24 digit account number to remove?

Like # people like this
Panos August 14, 2020

I have only been able to use this url /jira/people/5b560b3097e6062cc4b76b88 to figure out what number represents what person

Like Elizabeth Jones likes this
Karl Rohde September 7, 2020

This is a major issue. I agree with Mike that this presents a challenge to overcome. This should be looked into. It makes using "assignee" in a JQL filter a significant frustration.

Like Jay Lee likes this
Daniel Krauthgamer October 25, 2020

The only workaround I found so far - is switching into basic mode

This will change the assignee field into a dropdown menu where you can choose your team members.

Screenshot 2020-10-25 093701.png

Like Jay Lee likes this
Mike October 29, 2020

I see no difference when I click on Switch to Basic.  The id's in the JQL remain the long alphanumeric ids.   

What was the reason for switching from names to these unrecognizable alphanumeric IDs? 

Since this week I am now also getting these IDs in my CSV extracts, thought they are not included in my column selections.  

Please restore the names instead of this jibberish

assignee in (5da94ec22016b10c337add5c, 5f6b4aadd33d7600774c808b, 5e66638677d46c0cf93ace0a) AND Status

Like # people like this
1 vote
Ibrahim Ghalghay June 27, 2021

use the property displayname

like assignee.displayname in (John Smith, Anonymous) 

Mike June 28, 2021

I do not understand the format you are suggesting.  What is the format of the assignee?

I have tried using the actual email and also tried using the default and appending .displayname.  For either I get an error message.

assignee in (mike.bischof@publicissapient.com.displayname)

Error in the JQL Query: The character '@' is a reserved JQL character. You must enclose it in a string or use the escape '\u0040' instead. (line 1, character 26)

assignee in (mike.bischof.displayname)

The value 'mike.bischof.displayname' does not exist for the field 'assignee'.

Ibrahim Ghalghay June 28, 2021

I meant 
{{issue.assignee.displayname}} in (first name, second name)

you might have to enclose the values between double qautation marks

Like John Sutton likes this
Ibrahim Ghalghay July 2, 2021

@Mike please advise, did my above mentioned answer solved the issue?

Ibrahim Ghalghay July 2, 2021

@Amir Primov please advise

Clifford Hull March 29, 2023

@Ibrahim Ghalghay Worked for me. Thanks!

julia casagrande February 6, 2024

For me dosent work

Tom Fuller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

I get around this issue with a query like this:

Type in (Defect, Task) AND Assignee in ("Tom.Fuller@Google.com") ORDER BY created ASC

Works for me. :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events