add custom javascript to page (rapid board)?

Dave August 27, 2013

How can I include a piece of custom JavaScript on some (or all) JIRA pages? In particular, I'd like to modify the Rapid Board cards. I'd love to be able to customize them with the fields I care about, but the next best thing is to be able to change their styling to better suit my needs. Right now, I use tampermonkey to implement my changes, but this is a pain to distribute to my team (especially if it needs to change).

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sara ak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

you can package javascript and css files inside a plugin and set context to atl.general and atl.admin.

these two contexts will cover every jira pages

<web-resource key="key-resources" name="key Web Resources">
        <dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs</dependency>

<resource type="download" name="key.css"
            location="/css/key.css" />
        <resource type="download" name="key.js"
            location="/js/key.js" />
        <resource type="download" name="images/" location="/images" />
        <context>atl.general</context>
    </web-resource>

Dave August 28, 2013

Thanks Sara! Is there any way to modify how the cards look with a plugin or some other approach other than monkeying with the existing DOM/CSS using JavaScript? It gets me most of the way, but if I could customize/add a little different data then it would be even better.

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

Another solution would be CUTE for JIRA (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.communardo.atlassian.plugins.cute).

You can use this as well to inject custom CSS and JS.

0 votes
Sara ak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2013

I'm not sure it exactly understand your question or not but I think the answer is yes. you can apply your own css and javascript without edditing existing files.

you can add new element to page with your own javascript file and then apply your own css.

or you can overrwite existing element's style and class again with your css or js file.

Suggest an answer