Zephyr setup

Andrew Duplyakin January 10, 2020

I've added Zephyr to Jira and now I have Zephyr option in my project. However, clicking on "Create a Test" does not work. It seems like it's attempting to open a popup, as my window is greyed out, but no popup is displaying. Also, I'd expect to see "Test" option in issueType dropdown when I create a new issue, but there is no such. Do I have to add it manually? If so, how? Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2020

please go to the project settings >> issue types >> add test issue type to the project and try again

Thanks jagadeesh madhura! do I just add an issue type "Test" to the list of issues and move it into the scheme my project is using? I just added it and still have the same problem when click on "Add a Test" button. Now I have "Test" option in issue type drop down when I try to create an issue, but it does not have zephyr icon next to it, is I guess zephyr does not identify it as a "test" :(

jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2020

Navigate to jira settings >> apps >> general information >> check test issue type is present or not. if its not present try reinstalling zephyr plugin 

if you are still facing issue reach out to zephyr support

https://support.smartbear.com/message?prod=zephyr

General Information displays empty screen with I'd say collapsed "View Change History" button :/ 

I'll reach out to zephyr support. Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 3.38.43 PM.png

0 votes
Sumaiya Afzal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2021

I ran into this issue as we also had a previously defined Test issue type and was able to resolve it with the steps suggested here. For people on the Trial period don't worry about stopping the free trial to uninstall the app. The trial period is considered from the first day of the first installation so re-installing does not change the evaluation end date. 

0 votes

The problem was that I previously had an issue type “Test” and when Zephyr attempted to create its issue type they conflicted.

I renamed old issue type with the name "Test", then uninstalled/reinstalled Zephyr and added the Zephyr Test issue type to the project.

there was correct Test issue type as it has a Zephyr logo. Now everything works as a charm

Laurencija
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 26, 2020

Thank You, for sharing Your story. I was facing the same issue and Your article helped me solve my issue.
Thank You so much, Andrew.

babur S Sheikh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 10, 2020

I am installing trial version of Jira and Zephyr. Both were installed successfully. But Test issue type is not appearing on the top menu bar. When I see installed plugins. Zephyr is there but it is grayed out. I uninstalled and installed Zephyr back but same issue is there. I have installed the free trial version cert as recommended in the docs. Now I have reached the limit to download Zephyr cert and can't use Zephyr. Any idea how to fix this issue. I am still in 30 days trial period.

Suggest an answer