Zephyr for JIRA - test case links within folders have disappeared after user accounts modified

Clay Armstrong June 17, 2020

A few days ago our JIRA admin made a few changes:

Yesterday I made changes to the groups under Administration site. I deleted a hand full of groups that were empty to clean up the list as I added a bunch of new groups to better track what users belonged to what company departments.

I also moved the “Access to product” permission from jira_user group to user group to reduce the number of groups we need to assign when creating new users.

Afterwards, our Zephyr test case folders no longer show the proper link to the test case issue in JIRA.  Normally when browsing in a Zephyr folder we see each test case with a link to the JIRA/Zephyr issue ticket (something like TST-1234).  After the admin made some user/permission changes, we see a non-working link for each test case and the test case summary only shows the message 'the issue wasn't found or you don't have permission to see it'.  Everything else seems to be OK, all test case issue tickets appear on the single Kanban board in the project, etc.

Any ideas on what to do?  We've tried re-indexing and clearing the Zephyr cache.  We're using JIRA cloud so no re-indexing of JIRA appears possible. 

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Clay Armstrong - same exact thing just happened to us. I replaced a group in the Developer Role as part of a cleanup effort, and users started reporting the exact same problem in Zephyr. Did you ever find a solution?

I was able to revert my changes, but am still seeing the issue. I've tried "Clearing Server Permission Cache", but so far no luck. 

I've opened a ticket with SmartBear just now.

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Tagging in some folks from Zephyr:

@jagadeesh madhura 

@Bibek Behera 

Clay Armstrong April 1, 2021

@Darryl Lee Yes we did find a solution.  Smart Bear suggested we uninstall and reinstall the Zephyr plugin for JIRA and this fixed our issue (links appeared as expected).

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

Hey thanks for letting me know Clay! And no data loss, I would assume?

Clay Armstrong April 1, 2021

No data loss reported from our testers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events