You don't have an application link set up for that Confluence site - Jira Cloud

Michalina_Milewicz-Zalewska June 3, 2020

Hi, 

We are using Jira and COnfluence since February, we had no problems before during linking Confluence Pages to Issues in Jira, but recently all users are getting the same message using links to Confluence: You don't have an application link set up for that Confluence site.

However, if we use the name of the page and search for it on the list there is no problem and everything works. Any ideas on how to fix it?

2 answers

1 vote
Chanaka Karunarathne October 24, 2023

Instead of using the "Share" option link, I used the browser link and it worked.

Christos_Stentoumis November 1, 2023

This worked for me also! Thank you for the prompt.

Like Chanaka Karunarathne likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2020

Hello Michalina,

Welcome to the community.

First, given the error message, your JIRA admin should double check the Application Links in JIRA to see if the link to Confluence is still there.

Michalina_Milewicz-Zalewska June 8, 2020

Hello Trudy, 

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I have checked those settings and the link exists - both from Jira to Confluence and from Confluence to Jira. Any other ideas?

Jeff Rollman October 1, 2020

I have the same issue.

Dario Sarti October 27, 2020

Me as well! The confluence page is not searchable in the search section!

Gaber Terseglav October 28, 2020

Same here. Using next gen project with kanban.

Roman Kudakov November 12, 2020

I encounter similar error. Not able to link confluence page even by it's name

Christian Ray December 2, 2020

When I had this problem it was because I used the Confluence "Share" button and tried to paste the share link. I was able to actually link it by getting it to autocomplete in the Jira link field. I don't think this will solve everyone's issue, but it is how I got here so I thought I would share this discovery for when I google it again and need to reread my own fix.

Like # people like this
Luka Liponava December 23, 2020

Me too. 

Unable to link Confluence page in Jira...

Ilyá Belsky February 1, 2021

Thanks, Christian. I tried manually to search the page by name instead of pasting the Share link and it worked. 

Brecht Schoeters February 9, 2021

Thank you Christian, your way of working gave me the expected result. Thank you for sharing your insights. Cheers

Rich Dawson February 9, 2021

I have encountered the same issue as the above users. When I try to link to a Confluence page by searching for the title, it does not appear in the search form.  If I use the "share" button and paste the link, I get the same error as everyone else. 

One way around the issue seems to involve modifying the Confluence page I am linking to so that it appears as a recently modified document. After this, I am able to find the Confluence page by searching for its title and it links properly. 

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2021

Some of you might be running into one or more of these bugs instead (or in addition). If so, please vote for them, and optionally watch them and comment on them:

Suggest an answer