Yearly Summary Report

sgenon January 13, 2021

Hello,

I need your help please.

Is there a way or a filter in Jiea to know how many projects a team has done for the entire year?

I just need a summary of the total number, not the details.

Please help and let me know. Thank you.

Sean

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Generally it isn't about projects but rather issues. Typically, but certainly not always, projects are ongoing. Also, the size/scope/complexity of project vary so much that simply saying the team completed 15 projects doesn't tell you much. Of course the same thing can be said about issues. In the SW world you can look at Story Points which helps normalize the data some. One thing i would recommend is to create annual filter for issues completed (how ever you define that) and use the two-dimensional gadget to display the results, use project for y-axis and maybe Resolution for x-axis.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

A lot of this depends on how you are recording work and how you define a project as "done".

Jira is focussed on the issue tracking and tends to build reporting from issues.  Projects themselves are not the prime artifacts, so generally you'd need to build this from looking at issue statistics of some form.

Start from how you are defining a project as done in Jira and how you are defining the team (I've yet to see a project team not change for a year, so you're going to have challenges around people leaving and joining a team as well as identifying "done" projects)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events