Wrong zip structure, "config.xml" is missing.

Ponvel Selvam December 8, 2022

Getting error while import project from Jira cloud to Jira server using project configurator

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

Hi Ponvel,

Addon Project Configurator for Jira is available only for Jira Server version. You cannot export Jira Cloud project and import to Jira Server through "Project Configurator for Jira" addon.

You can only migrate the entire Jira from Cloud to Server - Migrating from Jira Cloud to Server applications 

Pavel

amrabouelenin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2024

I had the same issue, but when migrating from datacenter to datacenter

my current jira version in both is 9.4.14 and project configurator is 3.9.20 in both. 

Any thoughts

amrabouelenin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2024

I figured out why it happened. the zipped folder was already zipped one more time, and that config.xml file was accessible when Jira tried to unzip.

So I just made sure that when Jira unzipped the compressed snapshot it was able to read the config.xml file.

Suggest an answer