Wrong EventType on IssueEvent

Ricardo Herrera December 5, 2019

Hello Community, I have an IssueEvent listener on my plugin and works well for getting notification when an issue is either created, updated or deleted. However, I've noticed that if I reopen the issue the EventType constant I receive is not EventType.ISSUE_REOPENED_ID but EventType.ISSUE_GENERICEVENT_ID instead; this same event type is the one I get if I start or stop progress. Is this the intended behavior? My Jira server version is 7.13.3.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 5, 2019

Hi Ricardo,

By default any transition throws the EventType.ISSUE_GENERICEVENT_ID but this can be mofied.

To fix your problem, please edit the Reopen transition and the set up the correct event in the Fired Event Postfunction as per documentation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/advanced-workflow-configuration-861253591.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-notificationsUsingapostfunctiontosendemailnotifications

Regards

Ricardo Herrera December 5, 2019
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2019

You are welcome :D

Suggest an answer