Would like to Customize one velocity template in jira importer plugin

Rami February 5, 2021

Hi, 

I am building a custom importer, based on jira importer plugin.

I would like to customize the "finishedimport.vm" Velocity template from the Jira importer plugin. (add another button)

I copied it into my resource folder, but I don't know how to make the plugin take it from the plugin resource folder.

Please give me some hints.

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2021

Hello @Rami ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand correctly you are building a plugin for Jira Server following below documentation:

If this is correct then, even if I might not be the best person to reply, looking at older posts in here and in the Developers Community, it looks like you have to specify the location in the atlassian-plugin.xml file. Something like:

<resource name="NAME" type="velocity" location="/templates/whatever/path/FILE.vm"/>

I have never tried this myself so I am not sure. However, you can review below links for more details on how to implement this:

Other resources you might find useful (some of them might be outdated):

Finally, for the future, please notice that this is not the best place to get help on development  related questions. The right resources are listed in https://developer.atlassian.com/resources. 

Specifically:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events