Worklog created webhook not fired when created during a transition

Adam Cox
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2018

We have subscribed to the webhooks for Worklogs, these fire as expected when the time is logged directly. However, we have the time field on a screen during a transition, when time is logged here the webhook is not fired but a worklog is created.

Is this expected functionality? The only other way I can see to fetch the missing worklog is to fetch them all on that task and check which ones have not been processed.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user November 6, 2018

Same problem exists for us. Tried to work around this issue by triggering the webhook manually over the transition itself, but that way the emitted webhook does neither contain the created worklog directly nor via the issue metadata in the payload.

Is there any way to fix this without manually processing the worklog items on each issue?

P.S: It seems it's only not triggering the worklog_created Event, issue updates get triggered but also seem to miss the latest worklog-item created by the workflow-transition mask.

Adam Cox
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2018

Yeah they confirmed the bug here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70881

The only workaround provided was to trigger the webhook as you have already. 

Suggest an answer