Workload dashboard statistics

Port Administrator December 22, 2020

Is there any possibility to make workload dashboards where I can see per project per time period (month):

TOTAL TIME SPENT

Person 1: amount spend on support for certain applications (components)

Person 2: amount spend on support for certain applications (components)

Person 3: amount spend on support for certain applications (components)

also: time spent per person per project per component per request type (makes sense?)

In that way we can figure out which projects/components need more education/internal guidelines etc.) and also which questions happen most often+which questions take most of my colleagues workload etc.

Which gadget and/or plugin would I need for this?

2 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2020

Hi @Port Administrator,

You don't seem to be looking for just time tracking reports, but also other insightful things. There's several time tracking and reporting apps available from the marketplace, for which this list may provide a good entry point.

But it may be worth it to investigate so BI reporting tools instead or aside of that. Have a look at this example from the EazyBI demo account. The advantage of such a tool is that you can indeed build several reports and share them on a dashboard inside Jira, even when they address different information needs (time tracking vs root cause analysis vs ticket statistics vs ...).

Should you already have a BI reporting tool in use, it may be possible to connect your Jira data through some of the connectors also available in the marketplace.  

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 22, 2020

Hi @Port Administrator

First of all, disclaimer, I'm vendor of the following app.

Ronin Dashboards for Jira includes a gadget to display the results of a JQL. You can select which columns to include, if you need to do some type of aggregation like the sum of the field "time spent", and whether you want to group the results, so you can display the time spent per use per component:

image.png

This is one of the many gadgets it provides for different products (Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Statuspage, Opsgenie, Insight, Confluence, Bitbucket...).

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events