Working with branches

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2021

I am probably either overcomplicating this, or the controls simply do not apply in my case. I am a sole developer and I basically use BitBucket as an off-site backup and for disaster recovery.

Recently, I decided to create a branch from inside Jira for one of my issues and committed all my code changes using this branch. Then, when I was ready, I merged the branch into my master repository and pushed it to BitBucket with TortoiseGit. See:

Log.jpg

When I now go into the issue in Jira, and click on the branch (out of curiosity) it shows this:

Branch.jpgTechnically, I am now done with the branch, although I will keep it online / local for a while before removing it. Yet, Jira is saying to Create pull request. I did not see the need to do that since I had already performed a merge to master locally.

Do I just ignore this action? Is there no way for the system to detect that I have merged the branch now?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2021

Hi @ChuckieAJ ,

I would recommend you just ignore it. Your flow is very simple, but there are situations, when developers need to do more than one pull request.

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2021

Understood.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2021

Hi,

If it's ok on code base, I would ignore .

Or you can investigate and find dvcs app problem. 

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2021

What does DVCS App mean?

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2021

So on server release you can clean and reinitialize the request (MR, PR, and commits). 

DVCS app - is app, which used for integration. Jira and dvcs accounts (github, gitlab, bitbucket )

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events