Workfront to Jira automation using Workfront Fusion

Laurien Scoville January 14, 2022

Hi Folks,

My predecessor created a Fusion dumping issues/requests/tasks from Workfront into various boards/projects in Jira. I'm relatively new to Jira, so I'm having a little trouble deciphering what things are as I'm documenting these Fusions. For modules feeding into Jira, I'm seeing these kinds of codes: "10070:H2H", "10069:PBY", etc. Most of what I see here I understand. The second part of those codes, the letters, I understand to be projects in Jira Cloud. However, what do the numbers before the colon mean? Are they the project code or are they codes for something else, like issue, request, task, etc. type? Guidance would be appreciated!

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

The pairing of numbers a letters does not appear to change. If the letters are the Keys for Jira Projects, maybe the numbers are the numeric ID for the Jira project. You can see the numeric ID by going to the Jira project and clicking on Project Settings. The resultant URL will look something like this

https://yourJiraUrl/secure/project/EditProject!default.jspa?pid=10059

See if the number at the end corresponds to the number you see next to the letter code for the project.

Laurien Scoville January 18, 2022

That was it. Thank you so much!

Laurien Scoville January 25, 2022

The URL doesn't work for Team-managed Software projects. Is there another way to determine a project number for those ones?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

When looking at a test Team Managed project in my environment, if I select Project Settings then one of the options in the navigation pane is "Connections". If I click on that, the URL contains the project ID.

I don't know if that is a built in option for Team Managed projects, but check if you have it. 

Otherwise, I would suggest using the rest api to retrieve the project info based on the Project Key. The retrieved data should include the Project ID, I think.

Like Laurien Scoville likes this
Laurien Scoville January 26, 2022

Thank you!!

Bhavani Bharanidharan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2024

Hello Laurien,

I am actually doing some task discovery changes between jira and workfront for the below scenerios.If you have any idea that would help me to cover the below scenerios please let me know

Is there a way for Task Status updates from Workfront to reflect in Jira

Is there a way for Timings from Jira to reflect in Workfront

Is there a way via Workfront to see if a task has been assigned to a Sprint in Jira (Workfront calls Sprints “Iterations”)

And to create a connection between workfront fusion and jira, i am wondering is there any documentation step which will help me. Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer