Workflow validator lite

Trena Norcia March 30, 2021

I have downloaded the app from marketplace Workflow Rules Lite
workflows.JPG

When I select get started, nothing appears as it states?  I do not have any options to create a rule?
triggers.JPG

Can I get some help ?  I cannot set up what I need and as it is not an option to add a condition ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Trena Norcia ,

Which step on this guide is the documentation not lining up with what you see?

Trena Norcia March 31, 2021

Step 4 there is no conditions tab? Thee are no tabs at all this is how it appears when I select edit:
o tabs.JPG

I sent above that it shows the app has been added.  Is there a step I am missing to activate it?  I am not seeing any new options for selection.

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Gotcha, you'll need to select the transition in question first.

• Click on one of the grey arrows (transitions)
  • In the box that appears, click on Conditions
  • You should then have the ability to add a new condition

Let me know if that fixes it

Trena Norcia March 31, 2021

Thank you so much !!!!  That is perfect :) 

Like Michael Andolfatto likes this
Trena Norcia April 7, 2021

@Michael Andolfatto  I have ran into an issue with the validator and I am hoping that you can help me.  I set up a validator for when the issue transitions to Ready for Development it should require entry in DEV LOE field or present the error DEV LOE is required:
Workflow:

flow.JPG
Validator:
field.JPG

dev.JPG

Error when transitioning:
1. created ticket and starting status is needs definition, when attempting to transition to ready for deployment and inserting a vale in the DEV LOE field it still will not accept:

a. attempt to transition:
error received.JPG

Entered value in DEV LOE Field and still not allowed to transition?
dev loe entered time.JPG

Can you please help me resolve this issue?  I cannot make DEV LOE a required field at creation as it causes too many issues with automated rules and bug tickets auto generated from our automated testing tool that is integrated with Jira.

Thank you so much for your time in resolving this issue.

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

Hi @Trena Norcia ,

From what I can see your validator is set up correctly. My only guess from the available information would be if you have two fields with the same name DEV LOE and have validated against the wrong one - can you confirm if this is/is not the case?

There is only one DEV LOE field and one QA LOE fields this is so we can address the time needs separately.  I had the DECV LOE field as a required field which is the need.  But that had a negative impact across the board.  Caused issues with the automated rules as well as caused DEV LOE to be required at creation when it is actually needed after the needs definition status (step).  I cannot figure out why this is not allowing me to transition and require entry into the DEV LOE field.

This is a huge need. 
Jira issue:
qa loe.JPG

I do not know where to go from here to get this to work.  

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

Have you set up a transition screen on the Ready for Development transition?

Reading the rule description, it's validating against the field value being modified, so it would require you to change the value at the time of transition which would explain why your previous examples were failing.

Transition Screens will prompt the user to set one or more specified fields when attempting to transition an issue.

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

@Trena Norcia to follow up with that above point, it may be in your best interest to use a field validator such as field required rather than field modified if that's an option (I have not used this plugin previously)

Transition Screen sounds like that may be the issue.  Where do I set up a transition screen is it a new screen in the issues?:

screens.JPG

I am not familiar with using a transition screen? 

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

Transition Screens follow the same concept as the Screens in your picture- they are forms for one or more fields- but they don't need to be mapped to an operation (Create, Edit, View) like those ones.

To create one, go to your global configuration menu > Screens (you can press "gg" on your keyboard to open up a quick-search menu alternatively)

• Create a screen
  • Add the DEV LOE field to it
  • Open your workflow
  • Click on the Ready for Development transition
  • On the box that appears, click Edit
  • From the Screen dropdown, select the screen you just created

Also be sure to view my previous note- if you keep the "field modified" validator, you may run into an issue where someone creates an issue, fills out the field, and then tries to transition the issue without changing the value since it's already set. The validation will fail in this case because it's checking that the field has been modified at the time of execution rather than just holding a value

Like Trena Norcia likes this
Trena Norcia April 8, 2021

Perfect Fix!!!!  Thank you 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders