Workflow transition automation

Eduardo García Moreno August 26, 2022

I want to map a screen to a workflow so that it asks me for information when making a transition and performs, in the same transition, the validation that all the elements of a checklist are checked (“All checklist items are checked” - Requires that given checklists in an issue have all items checked before a status transition is allowed)

If I do the validation separately it works correctly. If I map the screen to the workflow transition (without doing the validation) it also works correctly. But if I define the validation and map the screen to the transition, it only shows me the screen but does not do the checklist validation.

Can both operations be performed at the same time in a transition? I am doing something wrong?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Eduardo García Moreno 

For the app you are using you can follow their documentation about validation: https://soldevelo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CS/pages/1374519306/Checklist+validation

This is how I´m doing it.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Perhaps you need to add that second validators which is described in their documentation "All checklist items have status set".

Ok. I will try it on monday. Thanks

1 vote
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2022

Hello,

Are you using any third party plugin for the validation "All checklist items are checked".
I didn't find in default free Jira cloud setup.

And can you please try to add the check lists on the transition screen once and try. if it helps please let us know.

Thanks.

Yes, I´m using Multiple Checklists for Jira.

I can't include the checklist in the transition screen, because the checklist must be completed when creating the issue.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events