• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Workflow automation: check "Fix version" field

Greetings,

I've just noticed that workflow management is finally available on next-gen projects (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/available-workflow-rules-in-next-gen-service-projects/)

I'm trying to add a rule to enforce that the "Fix version" field is not empty when transitioning to a specific version. But when creating a rule for checking a field, I see every field except the Fix version...

Is this a bug?
Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 18.32.27.png

This is basically the only rule we need to enforce in our workflow, to ensure issue tracking & better QA.

2 answers

I just checked on my instance and I'm seeing the same as you.  I'd open a ticket with Atlassian and see if it's a bug or not!

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Feb 17, 2021

Hi Sébastien - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I suspect this is new functionality that is rolling out so not everything is going to be available. It appears there are select "system" fields that are showing up, but not all of them. And no custom fields. 

We are one step closer, but I think the plan will be to get the others in when they can. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,120 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you