Workflow automation: check "Fix version" field

Sébastien TOUR February 17, 2021

Greetings,

I've just noticed that workflow management is finally available on next-gen projects (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/available-workflow-rules-in-next-gen-service-projects/)

I'm trying to add a rule to enforce that the "Fix version" field is not empty when transitioning to a specific version. But when creating a rule for checking a field, I see every field except the Fix version...

Is this a bug?
Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 18.32.27.png

This is basically the only rule we need to enforce in our workflow, to ensure issue tracking & better QA.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi Sébastien - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I suspect this is new functionality that is rolling out so not everything is going to be available. It appears there are select "system" fields that are showing up, but not all of them. And no custom fields. 

We are one step closer, but I think the plan will be to get the others in when they can. 

Sébastien TOUR March 3, 2021

Thanks.

I'm still not able to do this so I don't think it's a rollout problem. It's more of a missing feature I guess. I'll just have to wait.

In the meantime, I've added an automation rule that adds a comment to the ticket asking to fill the Fix version if it's empty

Like John Funk likes this
Kartik Muchandi April 21, 2022

Hey @Sébastien TOUR 
I would like to understand how did you add the automation rule. Is your project a company-managed project or a team-managed? 

0 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

I just checked on my instance and I'm seeing the same as you.  I'd open a ticket with Atlassian and see if it's a bug or not!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events