Workflow: How to create and add to Project?

Jacob Merrette April 20, 2021

Hi, I am currently trying to create a workflow and add it to my project.
I've read the documentation, I was able to create my workflow, but I can't seem to add it to my project.  I added issue type to schemes and my workflow to a workflow scheme and nothing seems to work.
I've seen a lot of docs mention "Project settings () > Workflows.", but I do not have that in my project settings:
image.png

We are using a team-managed project.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Hello @Jacob Merrette 

Welcome to the community.

From the image you pasted I am surmising that you are using a Team Managed project.

For information about managing workflows in Team Managed projects, refer to this document:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-how-work-flows-in-your-team-managed-project/

So if I understand correctly I can only use the workflow editors for issue type, and from what I have read about that method there's only 1 workflow for all issue type at the moment, is that correct?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Not correct.

When a Team Managed project is created, there is one workflow applied to all issue types.

When you edit that workflow, and then click "Save and Close", you then have the option to decide if you want the changes to apply to all issues types or just some of them.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 3.31.38 PM.png

If you choose to apply the change to fewer than all the issue types in your project, then your project will end up with different workflows for different issue types.

I can't select which type, it is blocked(a stop sign appears when hovering). The next box that I get and you sent says "Soon you'll be able to customise the workflow for each issue type".

Edit: I also have the required global admin permissions.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2021

Ah, so it does. Mine does too.

I don't use Team Managed projects. I just quickly created one to see about this options. Looking at the documentation it implies that it is supported. It doesn't explicitly say that it is not supported, but you appear to be correct. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events