With the new editor of worklow, there is no condition by field

Aurélie Pilette April 9, 2024

Hello,

With the old workflow, we had some rules like : 

- We can't transite from one status to another one if one field is empty

- We can't transite from one status to another one if all sub task are not closed

- We have a trigger ==> create a PR

it worked fine.

With the new workflow editor, this rule won't work and it is blocker for us. is there an issue to have this condition with the new workflow editor ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

Hi Aurélie,

You should be able to switch to the Old Editor when editing the Workflow if it is a Company-managed project. If it is a Team-managed project, can you provide more information on what is not working. And please share some screenshots of your rule. 

Aurélie Pilette April 12, 2024

Hello,

I can switch to the old editor. But I suppose that the old editor will be disappear ?

Below, you will see examples that rules which doesn't work with the new editor

2024-04-12_16h47_06.png2024-04-12_16h49_14.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2024

Granted it will go away at some point, but Atlassian knows that they can't lose functionality in that process. So the new will have to be able to do everything the old does before it is completely cut off. 

Aurélie Pilette April 13, 2024

Exactly, but for the moment, this functionality is not present even if you can say to me how.

That's why I open this question, how to be sure that it will be present and when ?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2024

I don't know the answer to that. Just that there is another option to accomplish what you want right now. 

Aurélie Pilette April 15, 2024

What is the option to make what Iwant ?

Automation rule ?

if that, how to configure an automation rule who blocks the transition if one field has not the good value ?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2024

You use the old workflow editor.

Aurélie Pilette April 15, 2024

yes, but it is not a good issue because when it disappear, i will loose all  my rules

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2024

No you will not lose your rules - not sure who has told you that, but it is not true. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events