Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Will I need a development license to do a test run of migrating JIRA?

I am looking to migrate JIRA 6.3.4 to a new VM. But first I want to do a test run of this with a new JIRA instance, exporting a database backup of the current JIRA. 

Will I require the use of a development license to carry this out when it comes to installing a new JIRA instance on a test environment? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert Community Leader Aug 30, 2022

Hi @Daniel Pipe ,

if you have an active maintenance, then you can use the developer license that is on your Atlassian account : my.atlassian.com

This license is intended for non-production use : testing, development, pre-production ...

Let me know if this helps.

--Alexis

What are my options if I do not have an active maintenance license?

Update: I now have access to developer license key. 

Alexis Robert Community Leader Aug 30, 2022

Great, that's good to know ! If my answer helped you, please click on "Accept Answer" so that it can be useful to other people :)

0 votes
Pramodh M Community Leader Aug 30, 2022

Hi @Daniel Pipe 

You can use the same license on an intranet network.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-a-test-environment-for-jira-966063324.html

Thanks and Regards,
Pramodh

Sorry, I'm a little confused as I do not see where it says that in the link. 

It seems to say instead that I should use a Dev. license for this. 

"The suggested license to apply to a non-production environment is a  Developer License , not an Evaluation license. You should only use an Evaluation license if you don't have a Developer license tied to your main license."

Pramodh M Community Leader Aug 30, 2022

Hi @Alexis Robert 

Thanks for the Information

It would be available in https://my.atlassian.com/products/your-licenses

License.png

Thanks

Alright, thanks for the help. I now need to know if there is any way I can get a developer license without having an active maintenance license. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

4,959 views 18 31
Read article

Atlassian Community Events