Will I lose data after migration from team-manged project to a company-managed project.

Ansu Achu September 13, 2022

I'm trying to migrate team-manged project to a company-managed project. I've created the company managed project, no additional configuration is done. Now when I do Bulk change all will it get deleted from the team managed project ? Also after migration can I add the custom fields?

3 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hi @Ansu Achu ,

Always test by moving a single ticket first or a test ticket. 

Things to keep in mind if you migrate from team-managed to company-managed

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Ansu Achu  - Did you complete the move? Can you share any tips or helpful things to remember that you encountered?

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Hello @Ansu Achu 

Welcome to the community.

Yes, you will lose data from custom fields when using the Move option to move issues from a Team Managed project to a Company Managed project.

I advise you to use the Advanced Issue Search screen to export a copy of all fields for your Team Managed issues to retain a copy of all the data. After moving the issues you will have to recreate the custom data in custom fields that you create for use in the Company Managed project.

Only the custom fields will get affected post migration ?

How about the workflows? What all changes need to be done before migration in the newly created company managed project?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

No, custom fields are not the only factor to consider when moving issues from a Team Managed project to a Company Managed project.

Review the documentation on this topic:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

Suggest an answer