Why when using the "sprint not in opensprints()" statement, is the JQL is not producing data

Kurt Smith February 17, 2021

When I use this query I get no results:  (NOTE - I don't want to see stories in the active sprint)

project = "Operations 1" AND "Story Points[Number]" is EMPTY AND status != canceled AND summary !~ "Support for Phosphates IT" and type = story and sprint not in opensprints()

When I remove the active sprint statement then I get results:

project = "Operations 1" AND "Story Points[Number]" is EMPTY AND status != canceled AND summary !~ "Support for Phosphates IT" and type = story

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2021

Hi Kurt and welcome,

JQL queries can be tricky at first, can you try the following?

project = "Operations 1" AND "Story Points[Number]" is EMPTY AND status != canceled AND summary !~ "Support for Phosphates IT" and type = story and (sprint not in opensprints() OR sprint is EMPTY)

Regards

That works well!

Thanks!

Kurt

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2021

You are welcome! Did my answer solved your question?

If so, consider to set my previous comment as accepted using the [Accept Answer] button to tell other members of this community that no further help is needed in this topic.

Regards

Done!

Thanks again, Jack!

Kurt

Tom N Scoggin Jr February 2, 2023

I just wanted to say thank you for this (sprint not in opensprints() OR sprint is EMPTY). I had tried everything to get this to work. I would have never guest to do it this way.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events