Why "original estimate" takes only "The integer portion" when i use csv import issues ?

Islam Ziane April 7, 2023
  • my CSV file has the "Original Estimate" column in seconds (ex: 13680 secondes)
  • the import works normally and everything is good

BUT : instead of getting "Original Estimate=3.8" it only save the integer portion, it shows only "3".

image.png

if i change it manually it accept "3.8", i don't want to do it manually every time i import issues.

Any ideas ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

WOW, after 5h of testing, i observed that :

Using the export utility from the système > IMPORTAND EXPORT > External System Import > CSV button

and

the one from Project > Issues > ... > Import Issues from csv button 

is not the same :

image.png

by accident i imported from the CSV (Red one) and it works normally, i used to use the "Import Issues from csv" button only because it allows me to Validate data before Beginning the import :

image.png

//these estimates in the pic are not the ones that caused the problem 

if i continue my import on the right window (blue) it takes only The integer portion "3h", but if i continue my import on the left window (red) it take all the number "3.8h" and everything is fine. 

SOLVED

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Islam Ziane , welcome to the community.

I have not done this in some time so bear with me. When you're importing, I assume you're selecting the original estimate in seconds, correct? Also, could you check the settings under admin>issues time tracking and look at your default for time tracking. I suspect this is the culprit. Here is an earlier post on the issue - How-I-can-bulk-update-Original-Estimate-values 

if this does not help let me know and I will try to test in my instance.

thx for the quick reply, i think my configuration is good : 
image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events