Why new created ISSUE has a Done status (fixed)

Krzysztof Kosarzycki April 25, 2024

I have created an application in Python that geneterates issues using the API. Recently all new issues have been assigned a fixed "Done" status. I am unable to change the status either through the API or manually via the web interface.

I am currently using the Free Plan on Jira Software. 

2 answers

0 votes
Ragavendran S April 25, 2024

Hi @Krzysztof Kosarzycki ,

I assume it might be the API Calls, the issues that were created earliest, was also having the same issue? or recent times only?

if it's fine to share you API code logic, can you post it, so that we can try to debug?

It happened recently.

The code logic is simple - it only creates a Jira Issue via API.

I received 200 OK response (Jira issue created).

The status cannot be changed by the API or manually through the web interface.

The issue is visible on the web page.

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

Hi @Krzysztof Kosarzycki 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Is there any automation rule in your project or a post-function in workflow? What is the initial status in workflow? Can you please create the same issue via UI and observe how it behaves?

Hi,

No there are no automation rules at all.

I think the problem lies in some licensing cut-off.

The new issue created manually also has a "Done" status (fixed). 

Another project behave normally.

I create many issues because I am testing importing alerts from Grafana to Jira issues.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

The new issue created manually also has a "Done" status (fixed). 

This is interesting.

What is the first status in your workflow (Go to Project Settings -> Workflows)? Is it Done? Take a look at the history tab in sample issue and see how status was changed.

Krzysztof Kosarzycki April 26, 2024

Hi,

I have 3 software Jira projects. The first two behave normally - when I create an issue, the status is "To Do". However the third project was tested intensively and after some time, it started blocking the creation of issue with the status "To Do" as usual. The first status in this project is "Done". In the history there are no other status changes. It's only one event that creates an issue. I think there are free licensing problems. Creating an issue  manually has the same effect. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events