Why mobile app is not showing tickets by selecting Base Swimlanes on Story while desktop app shows?

Deimantas Norkeliunas December 21, 2020

Here is the screen of configuration: 

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 22.44.28.png

Desktop app shows all tickets:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 23.00.36.png

While mobile app just a few of them (should show 18 issues):

IMG_0996.PNG

IMG_1006.PNG

Where is the problem?

If I change swimlane by Queries, it shows everything correctly. The problem exists only with Stories selection.

JQL query: project = LETS ORDER BY issuetype ASC, priority DESC

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2020

Hello @Deimantas Norkeliunas,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I created a board and added JQL and also the swimlanes based on Stories, but I wasn't able to replicate the issue. 

On both Android and iOS it shows the swimlanes:

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 15.39.20.png

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-22 at 15.28.45.jpeg

Can you please let us know what is the app version you are using?

Also, I see that the stories are on the status Closed or Backlog, is it happening when the status of the story is To Do?

Regards,
Angélica

Deimantas Norkeliunas December 22, 2020

Damn. I want to have the same view 😏

E0D53E2A-7C16-4A6E-AB43-B933FF234B79.png
I’m using beta testing build.. maybe I should delete and install production version?

--
Regarding statuses:

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 20.52.18.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2020

Thank you for the screenshots, @Deimantas Norkeliunas

I tested here and removing the status Backlog from the board, will remove the issues from the board when viewing it on the mobile.

You will need to map the Closed status, in this case, add it to the Done column and also change the status of other tickets from Backlog to one of the statuses visible on the board.

After that, the swimlanes should be visible when using the mobile app.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Deimantas Norkeliunas December 23, 2020

@Angélica Luz hello 👋

Thanks for taking care of it.

Why do I need to map Closed status with Done? I don't want to display issues in the Kanban board which are Closed.

* For me Closed stands for Archived and I don't want to show or see those issues in the Kanban board.

--

Some subtasks (passive or not MVP) are the subtasks of actual issue which is visible in the board along with other active subtasks.

I don't want to show passive subtasks in the Kanban board so I can keep my team attention on MVP issues.

**Passive subtasks are created just not to forget to deliver them with other iterations so they can wait in the backlog.

--

If I follow your recommendations I will mess up with my Desktop Kanban board view which is correct.

In this case Mobile Kanban board view is not correct and it suppose to follow the Desktop Kanban board view.

Do you think it's a bug on the Mobile app that it doesn't shows all issues which you can clearly see on the Desktop app?

Thank you 🙏

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
December 29, 2020

It was more a test actually because both of the statuses that are not on the board are also the same statuses of the stories.

I tested here again and removed the statuses from my board but let the sub-tasks on the status "To Do" and the swimlanes are visible on the mobile app.

Are those 4 tickets from your second screenshot under a story?

Can you create a new story as a test, add one sub-task, and change the status to "To Do" on both tickets?

Also, you mentioned that you are using a beta version, can you please uninstall and use the production version?

Deimantas Norkeliunas December 29, 2020

@Angélica Luz hello.

It was more a test actually because both of the statuses that are not on the board are also the same statuses of the stories.

Yes, statuses are part of the Kanban workflow or as you are saying - part of stories.

I tested here again and removed the statuses from my board but let the sub-tasks on the status "To Do" and the swimlanes are visible on the mobile app.

Okay, but why desktop version is working correctly? I would like to see the same result on the mobile app :)

Are those 4 tickets from your second screenshot under a story?

No. They they (tasks) don't have sub-task (child's) so that's why you seeing it.

Can you create a new story as a test, add one sub-task, and change the status to "To Do" on both tickets?

Sure. You can see them correctly in mobile and the desktop. This is what I want to achieve in mobile version to be honest :)

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 00.01.25.png

I just don't want to add parent issues in the board, because they are used only as a reference (like epics). Also, you can see quantity of issues in the column so I don't want to increase that number by adding parents which is not suppose for development. (Developers are working only with sub-tasks and I as a Product Owner close parents from backlog to Done or Closed statuses once all sub-tasks are completed)

Also, you mentioned that you are using a beta version, can you please uninstall and use the production version?

Done. Already using production version. Build: v120.0.0.791

p.s. If mobile app flow could follow desktop app flow, we won't discuss about it, but it seems a different logic is used for mobile app board items displaying :)

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 4, 2021

Thank you so much for all the details and tests, @Deimantas Norkeliunas.

I shared this thread and all the details with the team responsible for the mobile application and they were able to replicate the issue.

They are checking it internally and as soon as I have an update, I will post it here. We are in different timezones, so it may take some time. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2021

As I mentioned in my previous response, the team responsible for the mobile application was able to replicate the issue. Also, they are already working on an internal ticket. 

With this said, I created a bug ticket, so when it's fixed, they will share it on this public link:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates.

Like Deimantas Norkeliunas likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events