Why is the selected filter removed when configuring a gadget

Jacob Enevoldsen March 27, 2023

I have a dashboard with several pie chart gadgets showing the expected results.

But every time I try to reconfigure the gadget the filter used initially is removed. There is a quick flash with the filter's name and then it is gone. So needless to say I have had to cancel my changes more than one time...

This is what it looks like:

Missing_Filter.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Root Cause - determined to be browser (Chrome) related

Hi @Jacob Enevoldsen , it is hard to say for sure what is happening withou5 actually witnessing the behavior. So if you begin to type slowly and stop as soon as it displays does it disappear? Can you try simply 3 characters?

Hi @Jack Brickey 

The very moment after I hit "Configure" the filter is reset/removed. I can then do a search to find it again. But with several saved searches and many of them with similar names it is a he.... I would like to avoid.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Ok, so if you enter the filter then save the config all is good. Then when if you click the ellipses and select Configure the config modal pops up but the previously saved filter is now gone. Do I have this right? I certainly have not seen this behavior and a few quick checks and I have not been able to reproduce. Is this a recent behavioral change? Have you tried various gadgets, various dashboards, different browsers? If all else fails, I would definitely report this to Atlassian support as it could be some regression that has occurred following on update.

Like Jacob Enevoldsen likes this

Try a different browser >.<

I did and it worked... Feeling kinda stupid right now... So I am using Chrome as my everyday browser and here the filter disappears when I try to configure it. But when I tried in Edge everything worked fine!?!

So it seems like a local/browser issue. At least I have a workaround.

If I were to report this to the support could you point me in the right direction?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2023

It could be a Chrome extension. Often I find extensions are the culprit.

Jacob Enevoldsen March 28, 2023

I looked through the list of extensions and none of them seemed obvious nor did they restrict or change the behaviour of Jira. So I'll stick to using Edge when editing dashboards.

I would mark your "try a different browser" as an answer if you could post it as such I'll be more than happy to do so (Y)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2023

Rather than posting another Answer I update the original.

Like Jacob Enevoldsen likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events