Why is newly created and bulk edited issues not showing on business board?

Nelson December 22, 2021

This issue started after I created a few automation(on create, assign it to a certain component) and bulk edits (modified the components it was assigned to).

After those changes, I realized that the tickets that were affected by the bulk edit no longer appeared on the business board. So I decided to roll back all my changes by removing the components and the automation. No luck. Those tickets still didn't appear on the board.

In addition, now when I create new tickets, it also doesn't appear on the board. I didn't make any modifications to our workflow. See our workflow:

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.38.36 AM.png

Any thoughts on why this is happening or how to resolve?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi Nelson - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Changing values on fields in issues should not cause the issues to disappear from a Business project board. Those boards are very basic and pretty much would have a filter that looks like Project = ABC

So, to troubleshoot, I would do a filter with just that Project = (name of your project). Does that return any issues? If so, you can verify that those issues do not appear on your board? Can you verify the status of those issues?

That's where I would start. 

Nelson December 22, 2021

Hi John.

I did an advanced filter/search on project = (name of our project) and it does return those issues but it does not appear on the business board. Oddly enough, if I view the issues on the default "list" view of the project, I also see the recently created ones but not on the business board.

Most of the newly created one are in the "To Do" and "In Progress" Status. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Very interesting. So there are no cards on your board at all right now? But they are in the project and not Done? Can you share a screenshot of your board?

Nelson December 22, 2021

There are cards on the board. (The old tickets that weren't impacted from the bulk edits)

See our current board:
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 10.44.12 AM.png

And our project summary:Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 10.46.50 AM.png

It doesn't show any newly created tickets, the one in "To Do" or "In Progress" or the tickets that were impacted from the bulk edits. (~1000 tickets)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

I would go ahead an open a support ticket with Atlassian. That sure doesn't seem right. 

Please post back here with the resolution so we can close this out eventually.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Good Luck!

Nelson December 22, 2021

Will do! Thanks for your assistance John!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events