Why is my Jira project not showing the same Issue interface for my members?

v-Christine_Chang June 13, 2022

Hi!

I recently made a Jira project (NextGen) with a scrum board, but for some reason, when a member I added tries to make an issue, none of the custom fields that I created show up on her window. I do not have this issue when I create a new issue. She can only access and edit these custom fields after the issue has been created. I tried changing her permissions to admin but she still has the same issue. 

Thanks for the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2022

Hi,

Are you certain this is a software project type?  I ask because I have come across a feature request over in JWMCLOUD-252  that seems to match up with your description here, but this is specifically for Jira Work Management (such as a business project).

If you go to the project in question, on the left hand side of the navigation menu, at the top of the page, just below the Project Key, it should tell you if this is a Business project, Software Project, or Jira Service Management Project. 

Could you post a screenshot of what you see during the create screen here? Or what your teammate sees here?  I'm interested to better understand the problem described here so that I can understand why it might be behaving in this manner.

Andy

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2023

Hi @v-Christine_Chang  -  I am going to mark this as Answer Accepted. Please let us know if you still have questions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events