Why is assignee field empty in email notification?

Josh Varga July 10, 2020

The last couple of issues I've assigned, I've received email notifications where the Assignee field is blank. The first one I thought maybe I'd accidentally cleared the assignee before assigning it but then I did another one this morning and I definitely assigned it directly and then I noticed there's a header that says "[I] assigned an issue to [person]" and it actually had the person's name. Is this a bug?

3 answers

0 votes
Ganesh Jadhav October 19, 2020

I didn't find any fix for this. But found a workaround: In 'personal settings' in Jira, change 'Email notifications format' from text to HTML.

0 votes
Wim August 6, 2020

This started happening some weeks ago. I assume because of an server side software update. So this is a bug and multiple customers are affected.

Here is a screenshot of an email which shows the same problem. This happens both for tickets in a next-gen project, as for classic software project. In this screenshot I unassigned myself. But when a ticket is assigned, the assignee is also blank.2020-08-06_13-10-42.png

Ganesh Jadhav August 16, 2020

Hi. I am facing the exact same issue. Did you get any fix for this?

MEDITECH ADMIN TEAM December 13, 2021

Has a resolution be found for this issue?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2020

so you are saying that the email conveys the issue as "unassigned" but the app shows the issue is in fact assigned? Assuming so could you test making an update to an issue that is currently assigned (before making any comment) and check the email notification? Can you share a screenshot of your email? obfuscate any personal info of course.

Wim August 6, 2020

I added a reply below with a screenshot.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events