Why i cant see the board configuration?

Marcelo Aragão November 10, 2018

So, i cant find the board settings . What happend? Go to your board, then select more (•••) > Board settings.

I select my board then go to (...) and appear other option, "manager yours rule"

jira.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2018

It looks like you are not an admin of that board?   Or the board is a type that does not have configuration.

0 votes
Marcelo Aragão November 11, 2018
Im created the project And the board. So, o supost be the admin...

Its a kanban board... So, kanban board doesnt have a configuration?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2018

Kanban boards do, but you might be using a "next gen" project, who's Kanban option does not.

so, i change for sprint board and next gen, and still cant go board settings...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2018

Ok, so we need to know what type of project it is, and what type of board?

board = scrum;

project = Software

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2018

Ok, so you need to ask the admins of that board to add you as an admin.

so, im the admintrator...

jira1.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2018

You might be a system admin, but you're not an admin of that board. These are different things.  Ask the admins of that board to add you as an admin.

Marcelo Aragão November 12, 2018

Hum, so i created theproject and the board.  So, How can i put my self as admin of the board?

tks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2018

If you created it, then you are an admin of it.

Given that, then ff there is no "configure" option for it, as in your screen-shot, then it is not a Software Kanban board, it is a board that comes with a "Next Gen" project, which do not have configuration options.

so, i created another project,  and another kanbank and next generation . I still cant acess board settings...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2018

There's nothing else I can tell you - if you are an admin (which you are if you created the board), then you have "board settings" as the first option in the ... menu at the top right.  For "classic" boards. 

If you create a next-gen project/board then there are no settings and hence no option.

What do you have in the ... menu?

so, that its..

When i make nextgen i dont have board settings but i have the roadmap. But the interface to make version and epic is not friendly. Exemple: cant configure colors for epics

When i make classic, i dont have roadmap but have the other things.

My goosh

Like Fernando Santacroce likes this
Fernando Santacroce January 14, 2022

Same problem with me....

Like Michał Ostałowski likes this
Krzysztof Wesołowski September 22, 2022

So basically, NextGen means worse?

Why would You make something with less functionality?

That is really frustrating. Backlog is essential in most projects, to not flood Your board with cards not yet relevant. That is so bad....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

Yes.  Team-managed projects are not really ready to be used by larger organisations or all but the most simple of independent teams.

Franco Parachu October 27, 2022

Hi guys, I was facing the same issue, and it seems it's as simple as going straight to each column, and clicking on the 3 dots for renaming/deleting it. Also, if you go all the way to the right of the board, you will see a + button for adding any additional columns. Last, next to the name of each column (left) you'll see the 6 dots from where you can grab the column and drag and drop it wherever you prefer.

To be noted, I am the admin of the project. So yeah, it looks like it is possible to edit the board in Jira projects, it's just that the options are not aggregated in a unique menu... hope it solves this issue for most of y'all!

jnolan December 21, 2022

Looks like you can only access the board settings if the project is company managed. You have an option when you create the Project. Team Managed or Company Managed. 

Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2023

Hi @jnolan

I created a company managed project with the official Atlassian Project Management Template. I do not have an option to configure the board. Or did you find an option to do so?

I need the Board and the Timeline für the Project Management. In the board, I need swimlanes, etc.

Thanks,

Chris 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2023

As above, you need admin rights over the board to be able to configure it.

Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2023

Well, how do I become a board admin? I am site admin and admin for all the projects in our Atlassian Cloud.

The board is within a work management (company managed) project.

If I take a plain template for a software management project, I can configure the board as needed.

Chris

Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2023

Atlassian support provided this: [JWMCLOUD-25] Swimlanes for JIRA Work Management - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

I suggest, every body votes on that one...

Suggest an answer