Why don't my epics maintain their ranking in my scrum board side panel?

Shawn McKay October 4, 2018

I have a Jira project with a scrum board. I am using the side epics panel to organize my epics (rank highest to lowest priority) in my backlog view. I can drag and drop the epics to a different order, but when I refresh my screen, they pop back to the original order. Is this the expected behavior? If not, has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug? Previously, it  maintained it's rank ordering, and this seems like a new issue to me and I'm not sure if it is because of something that was done with my Jira instance.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks! 

2 answers

0 votes
Gary Smith July 28, 2023

Had this same problem with a Kanban board. Issue was the Ranking was disabled due to the filter not having ORDER BY Rank. Check the board general configuration page to determine if the Ranking is disabled. If it is, click the Add Rank button or manually update the board filter to include the ORDER BY Rank and try again.

Regards,

Gary

0 votes
Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2018

Hi Shawn,

I wasn't able to replicate the issue you're having and was able to refresh after re-organizing the Epic from the backlog - Epic tray.

Are you seeing this issue in private/incognito mode or have you tried to clear the browser's cache?

Also, is this happening to other projects?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers, Syauqi

Suggest an answer